Thursday, May 7, 2009

Picking Up Emma


Gee, where have I been? When life gets in the way of creative expression, that's a sad & sorry thing. When life sucks some of the life right out of you, that's even more sorry. Sorrier still, though, would be to complain too much about it because--hey--that's part of what life does, after all. And consider the alternative.

I am picking up my new little meezer baby girl, Emma, early next month. I would post a picture but I can't figure out how. Hey, life! You're getting in the way of stuff again here!  Maybe I'll figure out how later. (Optimism & hope in the face of technological ignorance.) Never mind--figured it out. Optimism & hope pays off. Usually.

Picking up Emma is, of late, my rainbow. My sunny day during a week of grey dreariness and rain. I have not even met her yet, not one stroke of her soft cream coat has been issued, and already my heart feels warm and mushy where she is concerned. It is readying itself--priming at least some small part of it's tender place left so hurting and sad when I lost my Siamese Louise after 19 1/2 years of loving everything about her.

So come on, heart! Do your warm-ups! Limber up. Order in Chinese and have a glass of wine--Emma is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment